Thursday, June 29, 2017

Second Go Around

For the second week of camp, I was on what is called crew week. This is basically a week off for counselors. Instead of having campers, I worked in the general store here at camp. The general store is located at Mountain Village. This is where the 7-9 year old campers have camp. It was fun to see all of them and get to interact with the youngest campers.

I only worked in the general store until Wednesday though, because I got to go on vacation then. I went to Tennessee for my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. It was so awesome to see my family and get to spend time with them. We went whitewater rafting and hung out together as a family.

My sister, cousins, grandparents, and I at dinner for their anniversary.
On Sunday I left and flew back to camp. When I arrived at high school camp, I was greeted by six new campers.

Week three has been going really well and I love my group. I have gotten really close to my campers through the different activities we have done. Yesterday, we went whitewater rafting and it was amazing. It was a little more intense than in Tennessee, but still really fun!

Tonight, there is a night climb where we play music and climb the climbing wall in the dark. We also have a themed dinner with skits and build your own burgers. It is one of my favorite nights because the personality of the campers really shines through.

Meeting with my mentor has been going really well! We are studying the book of Micah together and talking about how it relates to camp and to our individual lives. It has been super helpful to have that time set aside to focus on my own relationship with God.

Week two into week three was a whirlwind, but fun at the same time.



Green Meadow Lodge where high school camp is located 

No comments:

Post a Comment