Saturday, July 15, 2017

Fab Five

I just rounded out my fifth week of camp. Looking back, the group of campers I had were wonderful. I could tell that they were here to not only have fun, but also learn about Jesus.

This last week went so fast, but was so fun at the same time. It was completely exhausting, but like I said, the campers were amazing. The schedule was the same as in weeks previous, so I feel like I am really catching on to being a counselor.

One thing I struggled with in the last week is feeling like I'm not good enough. Kasey and I talked about this while we met up for mentoring and how normal it is. I am at the point where I am comfortable enough in my position, but I want to keep improving.

One super comforting passage came from Micah chapter six, verse eight. It says, "He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" This is so comforting to me, because these are the only three directions specifically given. It can be summed up into the phrase, "love God and love people." As long as I am showing my campers love, it doesn't matter how "good" of a counselor I think I am; God loves me just the same.


On a much lighter note, I love exploring the local sights no matter where I go. Today, I went into town to do some laundry and had an opportunity to explore. One thing Bailey, Colorado, is known for is their Sasquatch sightings. There is a large group of people who believe that there is some sort of Sasquatch-like creature living in the mountains up here. There is even a store and museum dedicated to the creature.

My adventure to the Sasquatch Outpost was actually really fun. I got to talk to the locals and hear the legends of the beast. I don't know if I'm a full-on believer, but it made for some interesting stories. Talking to the locals is one of my favorite things and I hadn't had a chance to talk to any off of camp. Overall, the week was fun and this was just the icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment